Saturday, November 15, 2008

Where's my cape?

Today, the girls and I went to Meijer's to grocery shop. As always, we had to ride the pony which is the whole PURPOSE of going to Meijer!!! But, when we were done, there was a dad sitting there with his son, waiting for their mommy to find them because she had the pennies. So I said to the dad, "do you need a penny?" and he said, "oh yeah, that would be great." After we walked away, Molly grabbed my hand and stopped me and she said, "Mommy, you're like a superhero because you give people things when they don't have them. I love you, Mommy." Ummmm.........talk about positive affirmation :-)

Katie and I took Molly to dance class this a.m. - this was Katie's first visit. They offer a class for her an hour after Molly's class is finished. Convenient for me? Heck no. Easy to schedule? Not so much. But, as Katie stood by the door watching all the little ballerina's jumping around, I knew that we would have to add the class to our Saturday schedule. My little ladybug wants to dance!!!!! Who am I to stop the dance?!?!? "Me? A class for me???"...........next Saturday Katie will fulfill her little heart's desire and step into the dance class :-)

Our neighbors that live across the street from us have been asking if Molly and Katie can come over to play at their house. They are grandparents. I actually graduated from high school with their youngest son and daughter in law, so I've known them for a really long time. But, Jim and Sally have toys and games and all the fun stuff grandpa's and grandma's have. So, they asked us a week ago if the girls could come over for dinner (grilled cheese sandwiches, soup, jello, cookies and milk) and to play. We walked them over at 4:00 and picked them back up around 8:00. Dan and I actually went out for dinner. Just the two of us. We got to enjoy our meal. We talked, uninterrupted, for almost 4 hours. Simple pleasures...that's what it's all about. (Sidenote - the girls did arts and crafts with Jim and Sally and created Christmas presents for Dan and I. Molly can hardly stand having the secret. She's SOOO like me :-)

1 comments:

Heidi Lee said...

I love that you and Dan had a date night. And YEAH...that is totally why we go to Meijer too! PONY RIDES!!!....you ARE a superhero mommy! How sweet that Molly said that. That had to light up your day.

What cool kids you have.

Post some pics of them dancing at class!