Monday, February 15, 2010

And then she was 6...




...I can't believe that Molly is 6. I truly remember everything about the day she was born as if it was yesterday. And, it seems so cliche to say that she changed my life, but, she did change my life. It was such a journey to get her - struggles, sadness, hope - that when she was finally with us, it seemed like a dream. I said to her last night while we were watching the Olympics, "Molly, that girl is only 16." Then, of course, I hugged her tighter and kissed her little cheek because I realized that in 10 short years, she'll be 16. 10 years...it's 3650 days away. But it may as well just be tomorrow b/c (again, HUGE cliche), time flies. I cannot even begin to wrap my brain around the amount of love I feel for this child......

....So, I've decided that I'm going to try to become a morning person...here's to day 1. Jumped out of bed when my alarm went off (mainly because I had to go to the bathroom so bad), go ready and now, here I am. Here's to hoping...

...1:30 this morning, Dan and I wake up to the sound of our stupid dog puking. On our bed. On the floor. In the kitchen. He was 3 for 3. This is not a good situation. I can handle just about anything - becoming a mother prepares you for that. Poop, blood, boogers - none of it phases me. But puke...that's another story. As we were cleaning it up, I was totally reminded of the scene in Stand By Me. You know, the pie eating contest. Yeah - Dan and I were on the verge of that. It was not pretty. And, this whole early morning wake-up call did not help my new venture into becoming a morning person. But, whatever. I'm sure I'll crash and burn around 2:00 this afternoon.

Monday's rock, right? Today is a day that is worth celebrating! Molly is 6!!!

0 comments: